- Plan your journey ahead – consult a route planner, but also keep an up-to-date roadmap in your car.
- Remove all ice and snow from your vehicle.
- Do not drive having cleared only a small area of your windscreen - it is illegal to drive with poor visibility.
- Ensure your mobile phone is fully-charged in case of a breakdown.
- Use de-icer to clear your windows – hot water may crack the glass. Keep the de-icer and scraper in the car.
- Fill-up with more than enough fuel for your journey. Drivers use more fuel when driving in stop/start conditions.
- If you are planning a long journey remember - a flask of warm drink, blanket, boots, spade and a torch.
Monday 22 February 2010
Before you set off:
Posted by Good Garage Scheme at 16:05